The Value Proposition: Providing high quality, well designed construction projects at the right cost
Construction projects face many challenges: budget constraints, safety issues, and environmental impact requirements. By applying the Value Methodology to construction projects, State and Federal agencies have saved U.S. taxpayers real money (billions) with improvements in the following areas:
- Early stage project definition
- Developing new lower cost innovative design solutions
- Reducing project construction costs
- Decreasing operation and maintenance costs
- Improving project schedules
- Increasing procurement efficiency
- Meeting federal and state laws requiring VM
- Application to Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build, or CMAR project delivery methods
What is needed is real innovation. The identification of a new creative idea can redefine the playing field and the value a project delivers to the end user. And it only takes one creative idea to solve an impossible problem.
We use a focused, creative VM approach to drive the team toward the results you need. Sophisticated tools such as Function Analysis, Functional Mapping, and Life Cycle Costing methods are utilized to provide you with a consistent high quality output that sells itself.
The Value Methodology enhances cost effectiveness and functionality in the following arenas:
- New building construction projects
- Modifications to existing projects
- Over budget issues
- Behind schedule issues
- Brownfield projects
- Project conception & planning
VM can be utilized during the feasibility, design, construction and occupancy phases of a project to optimize the overall project value to all stakeholders. It is particularly effective early in the project planning process.
Contact us to incorporate the VM process into your construction project:
- Value Planning Session
- Value Based Design Charrette
- Classical VM Session at 35% DD
The Value Methodology: The right tool at the right time.